Acrobat Reader Download
Some of the above downloads are in PDF Format. Click here to download Acrobat Reader if you do not already have it installed.
Coolant Driven vs. Mechanical Angle Heads
Titespot® Coolant Driven Angle Heads are a new technology solution to the old problem of right angle machining in confined areas and/or at multiple radial positions. Unlike conventional mechanically driven angle heads, Titespot® Coolant Driven Angle Heads are:
- Indexable: Can machine at multiple radial positions with one head and one set-up
- Compact: Can machine in bores down to 5/8″16mm in diameter, and close to walls, floors and obstructions.
- Rigid: Do not depend on bearings for housing support. Bearing “play” is eliminated, accuracy improved
- Simple to install: Load directly from the tool changer. No cumbersome stop blocks required
- Efficient: Coolant flow through the head eliminates heat build-up and allows 100% duty cycle
- Modular: All angle head sizes are easily interchangeable with all shank styles
Angle Heads Product Content
Titespot® Coolant Driven Angle Heads
Titespot® Coolant Driven Right Angle Heads for drilling and milling offer a cost effective alternative to mechanically driven heads, particularly where machining at multiple positions and/or in small bores or cavities is required.
As shown in the brief video below, spindle rotation is not required to power our coolant driven angle head. The machine spindle can now function as an indexer, allowing multi-position machining with one head and one set-up. Our smallest head can machine radially in bores down to 5/8″ inch in diameter. Our larger heads have drilled 1/2″ holes in RC30 4140 Steel, and milled Titanium 1.3mm deep at 42 ipm with 3/8″ ball end mill. Our larger heads have drilled 12.3mm holes in RC30 4140 Steel, and milled Titanium 1.3mm deep at 1000 mm/min. with 9.2mm ball end mill. (View Case Histories)
See for yourself. Take advantage of our Free Trial Offer for right angle drill heads and more. Or call us Toll Free 1-877-4ELTOOL if you have any questions or would like us to review your application.
Titespot® Angle Heads Video Overview
Angle Head Product Gallery